Fentanyl Filtered Workstation
Protect law enforcement professionals in the Forensic Lab
ISOLA VUE FENTANYL HOOD
Mystaire's Isola VUE filtered workstations are ideal for protecting the forensic scientist during the analysis of fentanyl and other toxic powder substances. Isola VUE's design offers a ductless, turbulence-free, reduntant HEPA filtration system that has constant face velocity and filter monitoring. The EverSafe™ III TOUCH Safety Controller provides added security and assurances that the workstation is performing in its intended manner.
The Isola VUE provides a negative pressure environment to effectively pull any particulate away from the operator and eliminate end user exposure.
What is Fentanyl?
The use of fentanyl as a street drug in the United States of America and Canada has been on the rise over the past few years. According to studies published in ScienceNews, Fentanyl-related deaths are rising sharply in the USA. From 2007 to 2012, the number of deaths hovered around 30 per year. By 2015, that number had grown to 340.
According to CBC news, in 2016, 914 people died from illegal drug overdoses in British Columbia and 40 percent of those deaths involved fentanyl; versus just 5 percent prior to 2015. In Alberta, 120 people died in 2015 after ingesting fentanyl, compared to only 6 in 2011. Ontario has also reported a rise in fentanyl-related deaths.
Isola VUE Fentanyl Filtered Workstation with cart
With the increased prevalence of this dangerous drug and its synthetic counterpart "W-18", concerns have been raised by US and Canadian law enforcement professionals who are now coming into contact with the drug through seizures and forensic analysis. Fentanyl is deadly if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin, so the importance of properly handling these deadly powders cannot be overlooked.
Proper containment equipment is necessary to protect our law enforcement professionals.
- EverSafe III TOUCH touch screen controller constantly monitors fume hood performance with audible and visible alarms
- Vividly displayed status of face velocity in linear feet per minute or meters per second
- 18-Icon display for simple touch control of hood features and functions
- LED lighting for true illumination of the entire work area
- Three-stage filtration to confirm to SEFA 9-2010 DHIII recommendations
- Polycarbonate construction for 360 degree visibility at no additional cost
- Variable airflow control with automatic airflow sensor calibration
- Solid-state gas detection with three sensitivity set points
- Conforms to UL, CSA and CE electrical requirements
- Integral polypropylene spill basin with rolled foil entry
- 110 or 220 V AC
- Built-in filter and application validation
- Optional installation of polypropylene sink
- Available in 36, 48 and 72 inch widths with a nominal depth of 28 inches
EverSafe III TOUCH advanced microprocessor controller
Isola VUE Filtered Workstations are fitted with the EverSafe III TOUCH advanced microprocessor safety controller. EverSafe III TOUCH features a LCD display of face velocity to assure users they are working within OSHA requirements. Sophisticated controls determine chemical breakthrough based on the type of solvents used within the hood. Visual and audible alarms alert operators if the airflow is at an unsafe level or if filters are approaching saturation, allowing sufficient time to replace filters. EverSafe III TOUCH maintains fume hood face velocity by taking constant measurements at the opening and adjusting airflow to ensure compliance to user preset values.
Safety, in one word describes the benefits of Isola Series Filtered Chemical Workstations. The unique filtration matrix found in Isola allows it to perform above the SEFA 9-2010 DH III recommend practice guideline. The user's safety is constantly maintained. Isola filtered workstations have real time built-in features that monitor and prevent unsafe conditions without requiring user interaction.
The Isola Series Filtered Chemical Workstation filtration matrix is comprised of three unique and separate zones that effectively adsorb and capture toxic gases and particulate. Between filtration Zones 2 and 3 Isola electronically monitors filter saturation level and alerts the end user if a high temperature or high humidity event is present thus ensuring operator safety.
HOW IT WORKS
- Laboratory room air enters into Isola™
- The contaminants are mixed with laboratory air
- Contaminated air is filtered through either gas phase carbon filtration or mechanical filtration
- Air is constantly monitored for filter breakthrough as well as temperature and humidity
- Air passes through the safety filtration zone before returning to the laboratory
|Internal Dimensions||35.5″ W x 36.5″ H x 24.5″ D||47.5″ W x 36.5″ H x 24.5″ D||71.5″ W x 36.5″ H x 24.5″ D|
|External Dimensions||36″ W x 51″ H x 28″ D||48″ W x 51″ H x 28″ D||72″ W x 31″ H x 28″ D|
Heavy Duty Stand
Our white, epoxy-coated stands are engineered and designed to support the Isola Series Filtered Chemical Workstations. The stands are constructed of 1.5" tube stock 14-guage cold-rolled steel. They are designed to be flat packaged and assembled onsite by the end user. Each Isola Filtered Workstation is designed to be secured to the corresponding stand, once assembled, using the hardware that is supplied. Every Isola stand features a two-position movable base bar for wheelchair or laboratory chair compatibility. Standard height of 34 inches with the ability to adjust the leveling feet makes the Isola stand meet ADA requirements.
Polypropylene Laboratory Sinks
Many laboratory applications require a sink within the work area for the disposal of liquids used in the approved application. Mystaire offers a full line of polypropylene sinks that are ideal for this application and can be easily installed in the work surface of any Isola filtered chemical workstation. Constructed from polypropylene, the sinks are lightweight and chemical-resistant, making them ideal for most laboratory applications.